Why i should Consider Egypt my next vacation destination ?
Updated: Aug 12, 2019
When choosing a place for your vacation, you need to put a few things in mind;
place where you can relax, enjoy yourself and experiment new things you wouldn’t normally come across in your own country.
1. The People : Egyptians are known for a few lovely characteristics. you would find the funniest slogans representing their objections. Truthful, cheerful, great hospitality and always there to lend a helping hand.
2. Sightseeing : If we start to point out the beautiful places and monuments you can visit in Egypt, it’ll be such a long list. Starting off with Cairo, the largest city in the Middle East and Africa, it’s the place where you can enjoy the mix of modern versus ancient (Pyramids, Sphinx, Egyptian Museum, Sakkara, Nile Cruises or Old Cairo).
Alexandria is also full of great surprises and you’re in for a treat if you visit it during the summer, as it’s the hotspot and especially when you travel a few miles further to the North Coast.
You can experience the breath-taking cities such as Sharm El Sheikh and Hurghada for sun, sea and sand; in other words the ultimate relaxation trip. Water sports such as diving, snorkeling and windsurfing are a hit there. Diving is of course a must especially in Hurghada due to the very rare colored coral reefs that amaze divers.
Next up are Luxor and Aswan, which are certainly our favorites. Luxor is considered by some to be the world's largest open-air museum with the most famous spots such as Karnak, Luxor Temples and the Valley of the Kings & Queens. The best time to visit Aswan is during the winter, where you can enjoy the Nubian Museum, Queen Hatshepsut's unfinished Obelisk and Elephantine Island. The oriental food there is definitely worth mentioning.
3. Fashion : While Egyptians might not see this or admit it at least, but we do have a lot of places for extremely unique shopping. Whether you’re looking for high-end pieces, up and coming designers inspired by their lovely Middle Eastern culture or unique jewellery, you’ll certainly find what you’re looking for. Khan el Khalili is the perfect place to enjoy the Middle Eastern blend, buy gifts, jewelry and costumes, while experiencing the oriental atmosphere.
4. Atmosphere : All we can say about the current atmosphere in Egypt is how priceless it is. It’s amazing how energetic, cheerful and optimistic everyone is. From young people cleaning the streets, everyone cheering and working like never before. How can you miss such a spirit on the streets?
5. Food: We’re actually among the people who love good and delicious food, and we’re sure there are a lot of people out there just like us. While Italy has their pastas and pizzas, we do have our own delicious food too. Have you ever tried Koshary, Kebab and Kofta, Sambousak, Molokheya and Rice Pudding? These are all many people’s favorites, not only in Egypt but also worldwide, so you must imagine how delicious and mouth-watering they are.
6. The view : Imagine you’re staying in a hotel with a Nile view, you’re enjoying your cup of tea in the early mornings and just staring at this incredible scene. We’re not making this up, we have been told by many of our friends abroad, how unforgettable that sight was for them when they visited Egypt. If your hotel isn’t near the Nile, make sure to walk past “Qasr El Nile” Bridge, which is right beside the world famous Tahrir Square.
7. Culture : As you know Egypt has approx. seven thousand years of recorded history, culture and civilization. It's the land where art meets history and stunning places. Mentioning culture, we definitely can’t forget theater, movies and amazing poets, who are pretty popular in the Middle East.
8. Weather : Egypt’s a sunny place around the year. It rarely rains in the winter and you’ll always find perfect weather at one of Egypt’s cities.
9. The Walk: Have you ever heard of the perfect walk? Try walking from “Qasr El Nile” Bridge to Tahrir Square, then all the way to the old Opera Square (downtown) and Abdeen Palace. Let us know how you feel afterwards, because we personally were swept off our feet.
10. Diversity of places : Are you a person who enjoys relaxation or do you prefer a crowded full of life place ?! Egypt certainly knows how to combine between a lot of aspects; a glamorous nightlife, oriental places, Nile cruises or the ultimate getaways.
For more information about Why you should consider Egypt as your next vacation destination click here